Friday, May 14, 2010

Peppino D'Agostino


Last night my wife and I had the opportunity to attend a concert by acoustic fingerstyle guitarist Peppino D'Agostino in Hillsboro, Oregon. I have been urged multiple times over the past few years to check out his music but had not seen him live until last night. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and I would recommend you check out his music as well. As a guitarist, I was inspired with new ideas and techniques I had not heard before. Below are some of the photos and video I captured from the concert. Enjoy!

(Photos and videos shot with a Canon 7D, 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS lens, Video: ISO 3200, 24p @ 1/40s, Photos: ISO 3200 @ 1/40s, 1/50s, and 1/100s)









If you are interested in such things, he was playing a Seagull Artist "Peppino" signature guitar, through an L.R. Baggs "Venue" DI box / EQ / tuner, Digitech Hardwire RV-7 reverb stompbox, into an AER Compact 60 acoustic amplifier. He was also mic'd with a Shure SM81 into the house PA system for a very full, bright sound.

Here are the videos I captured:




No comments: